Saturday 24 September 2011

A new voice

If you were given an option to change or not to change to world for the better, which would you choose?

When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts.

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.

Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.

A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.

And if I put as much thought into speaking as I put into solving math, I’d wield the power to change the world, one word at a time.

-

I’ve been tremendously blessed to have friends who are very encouraging and thoughtful- I owe it to them for being the person I am today, God knows it’s true. I thank God for all of them. I, I’ve slept and rose in settlings of silver, ate apples of gold like a king, tasted choice honey from the honeycomb, lavished with words that don’t even cost a thing. Economically absurd. I gotta pass it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment