Wednesday 6 July 2011

On BERSIH

And gentlemen in Malaysia now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon BERSIH day.

A few more days to go. The concept of people gathering to demand for clean elections sounds compelling, noble and kinda righteous- most battles for justice do. Here's some advice I'd give to myself: be careful not to get swept away and jump on the bandwagon. Instead, know why you're going, then go.

Wish I could make it but my allegiance to the bro-code demands me to be in Singapore. On the other hand, I'll know how it feels to miss the moment when history is in the making. Oh, and here's a witty saying for the hoi polloi:

Ignorance is bliss, and sometimes irresponsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment