Tuesday 31 May 2011

On photography..


If a photographer really expects to produce great work, they must, just like musicians, be prepared to practice their craft every day. Every day. This does not mean one has to take pictures every day, but one must at least practice seeing every day.-David Bayles

Taken from Brook Jensen's things I've learnt about photography

-

Makes so much sense- familiarity breeds contempt. I find it really hard to see the beauty in the things I see everyday. Perhaps that's why I have so few pictures of home and so many from everywhere not home. Gotta practice seeing; unfamiliarizing myself with the familiar and relearning the joy of discovery..

4 comments:

  1. http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2007/04/25/as-if-it-were-the-first-time/

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hullo stranger.. that's some great stuff you've posted. appreciate it much, thanks! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that was me. came out as unknown for some strange reason

    (p.s - im sorry if you thought unknown was a hot girl cum secret admirer :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i'm sorry too.. haha.. but seriously, coelho's blog makes some really interesting reading.

    ReplyDelete