Thursday 10 March 2011

time to pick up the guitar?

When I consider how my light is spent
Ere half my days in this dark world and wide,
And that one talent which is death to hide
Lodg'd with me useless, though my soul more bent
To serve therewith my Maker, and present
My true account, lest he returning chide..

- (portion of) On His Blindness by John Milton

Been thinking bout music and what I'm to do with it. Reminds me of a conversation I had with Di Song on Christian musicians/artists and what kind of songs they should be writing- How Christian should their songs be? We concluded that it mattered more that they were writing songs that God had placed in their hearts and it mattered less how 'Christian' the songs were (within reasonable limits of course =P).


Place a song in my heart and I'll sing it,
Oh if You're willing, give me a song..

No comments:

Post a Comment