Sunday 5 August 2012

In Christ

In Christ- made more sense today.

It's akin to the hope I had when Chong Wei made it to the finals, won the first set and was ahead of Lin Dan for part of the third set- he would've been our (Malaysia's) best chance at bagging a gold at the Olympics. And so, I completely cast my hopes on this man to deliver for me; every point he scored or conceded mattered to me. The subsequent loss mattered to me. 

But Christ is victorious. And this is how I ought to see myself in relation to God- to be found in Christ. To identify with every thing that Christ has done; death, ressurection, glorification. The bible means a whole lot more (to me) when read this way. Especially these bits: 

  • I have been crucified with Christ
  • Being made alive with Christ
  • Being made children of God,  in Christ Jesus
  • Having freedom in Christ
  • All the promises of God are yes in Christ
Not the best analogy, but helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment