Wednesday 4 July 2012

June


Perhaps the weirdest dream in a long time, but I had dreamt last night that our Lord had returned. I was terrified, but overjoyed and I was playing the ukulele in London by the Thames singing you never let go. Yeah, I know right..

-

Thank God for frisbee (and sports in general). I think it's been instrumental in making me feel more human/alive; if what the world needs are people who come alive, I oughta be doing more of it. And if you're game, frisbee pick ups are every tuesday & thursday nights.

-

It's been such a blessing to have people run alongside you in your walk with God; I thank God for those who are back for summer and I thank God for those who've just left. Keeps things in perspective and reminds me that people come and go and life is a long race to the end. 

-

It's been a tough season, and adapting (to new and ever changing work/social obligations) is a slow and painful process. So pray with me for grace for each day, and a continuous realization that I can't live a day without it; to depend on it with my life and likewise, to show others how to depend on it with their lives. Pray with me that at the end of the day, Christ is magnified. 

-

I haven't been reading as much these days, but I do try to squeeze as much as I can in the sporadic pockets of time which appear and disappear in the same mysterious and abrupt fashion. And I thank God for technology which enables me to do this.

Here's a little something for those who are:
  • Lethargic/worn-out: the resolutions of Jonathan Edwards (a huge portion written when he was 19 years old). May his resolve to live for God inspire you on your journey. Here are some of my favorites:
    • Resolved never to lose one moment of time; but to improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.
    • Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.
    • Resolved, to endeavor to obtain for myself as much happiness, in the other world, as I possibly can, with all the power; might, vigor, and vehemence, yea violence, I am capable of, or can bring myself to exert, in any way that can be thought of.
  • Needing encouragement in their battle of faith: You may feel that you have prayed the last prayer you’re ever going to be able to pray about the need that is pressing you. You are exhausted but you must stay in the fight. Don’t stop praying and don’t give up. Yes, it has been a long day! Nighttime is coming and inside you are saying, “It’s time for me to sleep.” But instead God says, “No, no, the fight is just starting.”
-

IBA unplugged is back. And this year we hope to go beyond just music. I hope to express more on our visions for music and worship in the near future, but in the mean time, find out more at IBA unplugged's facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment